Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Are you familiar with tumblr? I just recently discovered this endless world of photography, art, celebrity, creative writing and well just about anything you can think of. Basically its blogspot with attention deficit disorder.

Oh and speaking of social media outlets, I'm on twitter, (@NicoleAlon). Please do stop by and say hey!

Here are a few of my favorites from last week...

saving this for inspiration!
ilovemicurves:

I don’t think I’d ever get out of bed!
sallynstuff:

Most amazing bedroom ever.

I want. I love. Paging @flubbles & @xoEMC

These two are filed under things I would like one day!

gorgeous shades of blue
worldpaintings:

Édouard Manet
Venice, the Grand Canal (Blue Venice), 1874, oil on canvas, 54 x 65 cm, Shelburne Museum, Vermont.
In the autumn of 1874 Manet spent a couple of months in Italy, where, according to  artist Mary Cassatt, “he was thoroughly discouraged and depressed at his  inability to paint anything to satisfaction”. However, in the painting we can see how the artist’s  variety of colors and dense interplay of  strokes does bring some  three-dimensionality to nearly motionless  water.  In her conversation with well known art collector Louisine  Havemeyer, whose husband had recently purchased Venice, The Grand Canal (Blue Venice), Cassatt claimed that Manet painted the piece en plein air on his final afternoon in Venice.

Édouard Manet
Venice, the Grand Canal (Blue Venice)1874, oil on canvas, 54 x 65 cm, Shelburne Museum, Vermont.


I'm blown away by the art I've found here. This is just one example of a new favorite!


always reblog Grace… always. 
theniftyfifties:

Grace Kelly by Loomis Dean, 1950s.

theniftyfifties:

Grace Kelly and Jean-Pierre Aumont in Cannes, 1955

I love any picture of Grace but the second one is also ... well its just utterly romantic!

Cheers, 
Ouiser

No comments: