Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Easter Eggs

1907 Rose Trellis Egg
With Easter just around the corner I'm reminded of a beautiful December weekend in 1990 that Mamere (or Namma as she's been renamed by my boys) took me to the New Orleans Museum of Art's traveling exhibit of Faberge's Imperial Easter Eggs and other enameled creations.

It was my first trip to New Orleans and despite the fact that I was nearly a decade away from being 21 the city left an indelible impression on me, the food, the history, the architecture and most of all the people, but thats another post!

As I start to plan my own family's Easter Sunday I thought I'd share a few of these amazing and breathtaking creations.

Enjoy!
1894 Renaissance Egg

1896 Twelve Monogram Egg
1898 Lilies of the Valley Egg
The Surprise



















1901 Flower Basket Egg

Cheers, 
Ouiser



1 comment:

Tippy said...

They're so beautiful. I've never seen them up close! Have a great Easter, Miss O. XO